With the Rains and the cool breeze, Monsoon is here! it's the time for hot tea and garam garam pakoda (fritters), Makes us all want to sip hot tea while looking at the rain from the window or sitting in the balcony with garam chai pakodi ;) It is one of the most popular , loved and commonly found indian street snack.
This a Quick & super Easy vegetarian Pakoras/ Pakodas (Indian fritters) method ! :) There are many different kinds of pakoras which are really easy to make.
It goes best with steaming hot tea or coffee.
- Besan (Chickpea Flour): 1 cup
- khuskhus(poppy seeds): 1 Tsp
- Breadcrumbs: 1 Tbsp
- Red Onion: 1 big
- Green chillies: 3-4
- Kasuri methi (fenugreek leaves): 2 tsp
- Baking powder: 1 pinch
- Salt and chaat masala: according to your taste
- Oil for frying: 1/4th of frying pan
- Heat oil (around 1/4th the volume of kadai) in a wok / kadai).
- While the oil heats up, Mix all the ingredients well with water so as to make it into a nice & smooth batter and not too runny.
- When the oil is hot reduce the flame and fry these fritters on medium heat by making the fritters by taking 1 spoon of the batter into a round shape or using your hands and drop it into the pan.
- Fry it on both sides till it turns dark golden brown.
SERVE HOT with chutney and hot chai tea.