Sunday, December 07, 2014

Chinese chili chicken

Hey everyone! This is my recipe for chili chicken, which is Chinese inspired. It's an all time favorite of my family, Whenever they're in a mood for something Chinese and there's chicken in the freezer, I go "It's time for some chili chicken". 

I've been making this since my high school days. It was the one of the first recipes I had learnt in my life. Before I got married the only thing I was really confident about in serving was my chili chicken and noodles. Hehehe. Hope You folks like it!

Ingredients:

  • Boneless chicken-500 grams
  • Eggs-2
  • Corn Flour- 4 Tbsp
  • Dark Soy sauce- 4 Tbsp
  • Garlic-6-8 pods (chopped)
  • Green chillies- 6 (thinly sliced)
  • Spring Onions /Shallots -2 twigs
  • Red Onion- 1 (chopped)
  • Sugar- 1/2 tsp
  • Vinegar- 1 tsp
  • Oil- 2 Tbsp
  • Tomato sauce- 2-3 Tbsp
  • Capsicum (green bell peppers)- 2 medium sized 
                 

Procedure:

  • Cut the chicken into medium sized chunks and keep it aside
  • Beat the eggs in a bowl with corn starch, black pepper powder,salt and soy sauce. Beat them all together really well.
  • Add the chicken pieces into the egg mix.
  • Coat all the chicken pieces well with the mixture and keep it aside for least for 20 minutes .
  • Heat sufficient oil in a pan and shallow fry the chicken, until they are golden brown.
  • Heat some oil in another pan, & add the green chillies, chopped garlic and onion & saute them for 2 minutes, Then add soy sauce, tomato sauce, sugar and vinegar into the pan.
  • Add the chicken to this mixture and cook for 5 minutes
  • Lastly add the green onions and shallots from the top and give it a stir.
And It's Ready. 

~ENJOY~

No comments:

Post a Comment